Friday, February 18, 2011

Dunkalicious: Top 3 Dunks of All Time

In honor of the NBA all-star weekend and the gratuitous Dunk Contest, I thought I would compile a list of my top 3 favorite dunks of all time. Again, I am sure I can already hear some Clipper fan irately screaming in the background about Blake "I Whip My Head Back and Foth" Griffin not making this list.

#3 Michael Jordan near free throw line shatters the backboard, 1986 Nike Exhibition Tourney

There are obviously a number of MJ dunks that could have made this list, but this is a tremendous dunk featuring a very young Jordan and its funny to watch all the little white dudes scurry away under the basket after the backboard shatters.


#2 Dr.J rock the cradle over Michael Cooper, 76ers vs. Lakers (1983)

The father of the modern dunk putting the ball (and Michael Cooper) in a cradle and rocking them to sleep with this classic jam.


#1. Vince Carter dunk over Frederic Weis, USA vs. France, 2000 Summer Olympics

This dunk pretty much speaks for itself. If you're going to be 7'2" and wear hair gel while playing basketball, you deserve to get dunked on by Vinsanity.

1 comment: