UPDATE: Deron Williams aka Jerry Sloan's Haterade has been traded by the Utah Jazz to the New Jersey Nets for Devin Harris and Derrick Favors. The Warriors are a third team that is involved in the trade (likely the Murphy for Gadzuric and Wright swap listed below) and will also include at least one first round pick being sent to the Jazz.
Here are a few of the smaller than life trades that will be or are very likely to go down before Thursday's deadline:
- The Kings and Hornets have agreed to a deal that will send PF Carl Landry to the Hornets in exchange for SG Marcus Thornton and cash.
- The Warriors and Nets are in deep talks about a trade that would send Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright east in exchange for Troy Murphy. If the trade does indeed go through, the Dubs would likely try to coax Murphy into a buyout.
- The Bulls and Rockets are still working hard on a deal that would send shooting guard Courtney Lee to the Windy City. Chicago is willing to surrender a first round pick for Lee, but the Rockets seem to be insisting that Turkish walking stiff Omer Asik be included as part of the deal.
- The Nets are involved with another west coast team as they are in talks with the Trail Blazers about a potential Devin Harris for Andre Miller swap. I haven't watched Andre play in awhile but I am sure he is just as good as Carmelo.
- With Carmelo out of the picture, the Nuggets can now focus on their super smiley center Nene. The two sides are apparently working on an extension that would pay the big man $12 mil per.