Ok, I know it's Opening Day and no one should be thinking about anything else right now, but this story was just too good to pass up. Apparently a few years ago, Carlos Boozer rented out his mansion in Beverley Hills to the diminutive pop star, who obviously felt it necessary to do a little interior re-decorating. Here are some of the alterations Prince made to the home according to Boozer's former teammate, Jay Williams [via ESPNChicago.com]:
- Replaced front gate monogram with the Prince symbol.
- Added purple dye and lighting to the small streams that surrounded the house.
- Converted the master bedroom to a hair salon with purple monogramed carpets.
- Added new plumbing and molding to the downstairs bedroom to provide extra water to the newly converted master bedroom/hair salon.
- Added purple stripes to the exterior of the house.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Prince was paying $70,000 a month in rent on the place and was never give authorization to make ANY of the alterations. Obviously, this left Carlos Boozer a little livid. He was irate and demanded that Prince completely re-do the house back to the way it was. Here was Prince's answer, according to Jay Williams:
"Here is a check for a million dollars that will take care of everything to get it back the way you want it."
HO-LY FUCK. Is it possible for someone to be the biggest asshole and the biggest G on the planet at the same time? Needless to say, that little piece of paper put Boozer's mind at ease. Wouldn't be surprised if he threw in a gold plated raspberry beret with that million dollar check.