Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Here is a super gnarly vid of the 2011 Maryhill Longboarding Freeride in Goldendale, Washington. These bros and dudettes engage in some serious shredding while bombing the hill. The crash around the 4:15 mark is pretty epic too. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....... WIPEOUT! I must applaud the bros y brosephinas that chose to do take the hill in the luge position on their board. As a child, I chose to do the same thing down many steep streets in Ventura. There are a number of awesome aspects that come with adopting the luge style position, that among these are the increased inability to see crashes/cars/dogs/aliens in front of you as you shred and ravaged kicks from attempting to break at the very last possible second before hitting said crashes/cars/dogs/aliens.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
They can be found at just every major sporting event across the world. The homemade fan sign is a chance to express one's innermost feelings of love, hate, pride, or to just get your five seconds of fame on live television. Probably the most famous and universal of all fan signage is the D-Fence. A staple of every NFL game played since the 1980's, the D-Fence sign is a classic but I think we can all agree that it has probably run its course. This post is here to appreciate some of the more creative explorations into word play hilarity and fan signage. Here are a few of my personal favorites.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
- Luol Deng (Chicago Bulls)
- Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Josh Smith (Atlanta Hawks)
- Devin Harris (Dallas Mavericks)
- Emeka Okafor (Charlotte Bobcats)
- Ben Gordon (Chicago Bulls)
- Tony Allen (Boston Celtics)
- Beno Udrih (San Antonio Spurs)
- Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic)
- Al Jefferson (Boston Celtics)
- Josh Howard (Dallas Mavericks)
- Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets)
- Udonis Haslem (Miami Heat)
- Lebron James (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Kyle Korver (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors)
- Kirk Hinrich (Chicago Bulls)
- Luke Ridnour (Seattle SuperSonics)
- Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
- With Phil Jackson and his smirk all but essentially out the door and moved into his bear cave in Montana, the Lakers are on a search for a fearless new leader to take over for a team that just got swept in the Western Conference semifinals by Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, and the diminutive Mr. Miss Universe. The high profile job features numerous interested candidates including Rick Adelman, Brian Shaw, Mike Brown, and Jeff Van Gundy. The nannies from Nanny 911 are also being interviewed for the job, primarily because they were the only ones willing to give Andrew Bynum a spanking if he acts out again.
- The NBA Draft Lottery is being held tonight, and fourteen anxious teams will be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for the opportunity to draft first and nab Kyrie Irving out of Duke. The other thirteen teams will be SOL because this draft class sucks more than Miss Hilton did in "One Night in Paris". There are rumors swirling that Lil' Bow Wow might even get a look from some teams.
- The never ending Cirque de Dumbass that is Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson continued his tour of the United States this weekend when he rode a bull at a Professional Bull Riders Circuit event in Duluth, Georgia. This comes just a few weeks after Chad spent a few days training with Sporting Kansas City of MLS. The logical next step is for Chad to ride a Hamster riding a Capybara at a Target in Pigsknuckle, Arkansas. If that doesn't work out, I am sure he could battle The Pillsbury Dunkboy aka Eddy Curry in some sort of eating contest.
- We all have days in our life that we will remember and cherish forever, such as our college graduation, 21st birthday, and wedding day. Likewise, there are many we wish could be permanently expunged from memory such as our college graduation, 21st birthday, wedding day, and that time we gave up 14 Earned Runs in 2.3 innings pitched to the Cleveland Indians. Oh wait, that last one didn't happen to you? Guess that sole honor belongs to Vin Mazzaro of the Kansas City Royals. Side Note: This Weeks Sign of the Apocalypse also comes from this game as somehow Kyle Davies, who started the game but only pitched 1/3 of an inning before coming out due to injury, took the L and not Mazzaro. Those damn Italians know how to ruin everything!
- The Red Devils from Manchester managed to lock up the Premier League title two weekends ago by squeaking out a victory against Chelsea. MUFC will go for Ye Olde Double on May 28th when they take on Barcelona FC for the Champions League Title. If the video below doesn't get you the slightest bit pumped for the upcoming clash, it's probably because your arteries are more clogged than Eddy Curry's. If this is the case, please seek professional medical help immediately.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011
The 137th running of the Kentucky Derby will take place tomorrow afternoon and the only thing cooler than the mint julep you'll be sipping on are the horses names. Derby horse names always come with flair and panache, much like are recently fired ("let go") from CBS friend Gus Johnson. To honor them both, I have created a game below: Which of the following are 2011 Kentucky Derby horse names and which are Gus Johnson catchphrases?
- Climb The Mountain
- Dialed In
- Mucho Macho Man
- As Good As It Gets
- Stay Thirsty
- Heart Break City
- Rise and Fire
- Mister Clutch
- Watch Me Go
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
[Video via Deadspin and Vimeo]
Surprising no one, Blake Griffin has been named the NBA's Rookie of the Year. Apparently he was pretty good at jamming a basketball down the throat of a hoop. I always thought he was more of a finesse guy. All that time with the Shake Weight must have finally paid dividends.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
Kirk Hinrich, the inspiration and motivation for this entire movement known as The Hinrich Maneuver, has officially been listed as doubtful for tonight's opening second round playoff game against the Chicago Bulls with a pulled right hamstring. Hinrich suffered the injury while landing awkwardly after a layup in the Hawks series clinching victory against the Orlando Magic last Friday. Jeff Teague has been enlisted to try and step in and fill Hinrich's shoes as the starting point guard for the game, but lets be reality, NO ONE can fill those mammoth sneakers. Let us all fastidiously hope and pray that Kirk experiences a quick recovery and returns later in the series. Godspeed Kirk.