Friday, June 10, 2011

Soccer, Koalas, and Rock n' Roll

This has to be literally the strangest video I have ever seen in my life. I never thought it would be possible for a koala to seem dark and terrifying, but this has definitively proved me wrong. This video comes from middling La Liga club Getafe FC, who just finished a pretty pitiful 2010-11 campaign, but managed to avoid relegation. I think the video is supposed to be some convoluted and distorted euphemism for tomorrow is another day, the sun will rise again yadda yadda yadda. My Spanish is not terribly good, and the video basically depicts a down and out Getafe fan being serenaded by a drunk and suicidal koala. I am just so utterly terrified and confused. Is this supposed to make Getafe supporters excited about what is to come? The team was recently bought by a group of investors based in Dubai for roughly 90 million Euro. Looks like they've really gotten off on the right foot with this video. Best of luck to you Getafe. You crazy, sick bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment