Monday, August 22, 2011

Terrelle Pryor Is Bringing His Face Palming Talents To Oakland


You know how some days you just wake up, roll out of bed, and have a certain intuition that today is just gonna be really super? I had one of those feelings this morning. I woke up around 7:30 am, did my typical morning ball scratching and perusing of Deadspin, and I just had this feeling that today was going to be a most exceptional day. On my drive to work, I did my usual routine of listening to drive time sports talk radio. 99 times out of 100 I will be listening to Jim Rome, but he is currently on vacation so I forced myself to listen to the ear drum busting voice of Colin Cowherd. This morning Colin discussed how ESPN's Adam Schefter reported from Terrelle Pryor's pro day that a lot of teams view him as a great athlete with atrocious passing accuracy. I don't know why, but the combination of "quarterback" and "atrocious pass accuracy" are probably words that any NFL prospect does not want to hear in the same sentence. As he was finishing his typical 10 am sign off, Cowherd made a quick fleeting joke about how the Raiders will probably end up being the ones to take Pryor in the supplemental draft later in the morning. I giggled to myself at the hilarity of what Colin has just said. I figured, only in a dream world would something so magical happen.

Not more than about 30 or 45 minutes later, I check ESPN and low and behold, the Oakland Raiders nabbed Pryor with the 18th pick in the 3rd round of the Supplemental Draft. Since that moment, I have ceased to stop grinning from ear to ear. Not only did the Raiders end up taking Pryor, they used a THIRD ROUND PICK TO DO SO. From everything else I had heard, no one was even considering taking him with anything higher than a 5th round choice. God bless you, Al Davis. I hope that one day clubhouse attendants are forced to pry your dead, cold handed corpse away from your desk due to the fact that everyone just realized you've actually been dead for the past fifteen years.

Rumor has it that the team may want to try and use Pryor as a wide receiver or tight end. I say, good luck with that. I am sure the Raiders will look into trading for Time Tebow soon too to do something fairly similar. This is just the little icing on the cake after my 49ers pulled out a 17-3 victory over the Raiders this past Saturday (Which is probably the last time the two teams will EVER play one another in an exhibition game due to the two shootings that took place in the parking lot after the game. Apparently these two teams don't like each other. Who knew?)

No comments:

Post a Comment